‘Coulsons’ Willow Tree Rd, Merriwa
1250 acres. 505.85 hectares
- Unique block bordered by Willow Tree Rd, Gumman Rd and Middle Creek Rd.
- 22kms from Merriwa, 74 kms from Tamworth
- 6 paddocks, 3 paddocks- creek flats- improved pasture and oats ( 61.74 acres, 24.9 hectares) Another 10 hectares of flats along Coulsons Creek suitable for further pasture etc.
- Remaining paddocks broadcast with clovers etc last in 2013, rest native grasses.
- WATER: COULSONS CREEK East end (Willow Tree Rd) Arguably the best surface water in the area with permanent water. See photos (23rd September 2018): approx one kilometre of continuous water flow with pools in the rest of the creek. Western paddock has a new water pump to pump from Coulsons Creek to top of hill then reticulated to the back trough. West is served by the Merriwa River which is dry at present.
- YARDS: approx 10 years old able to cope with 150 cows and calves easily; has a crush and calf cradle. All weather access to Willow Tree Rd.
- FENCES: all peripheral fences are new apart from a small area adjacent to Squatters Log which will be finished in the next month. Internal fences are good and effective.
- CARRYING CAPACITY: 100-150 cows with calves; able to finish most to 350kgs in a good year.